Notice: Undefined offset: 8192 in /hsphere/local/home/futurity/ on line 112 CamPlus Cambridge Photo Sharing Gallery - Home CamPlus - Your one stop guide to Cambridge UK
Your one stop guide to Cambridge

CamPlus Cambridge Photo Sharing Gallery

Free online photo sharing gallery for Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire, UK. If you have any questions, please use the contact us page.

Home :: Login
Album list :: Last uploads :: Last comments :: Most viewed :: Top rated :: My Favorites :: Search

Category Albums Files
Shelford Rugby
3 608
Shelford Rugby


194 files, last one added on Sep 17, 2005

Pictures from Shelford Rugby 1st teamís latest match


25 files, last one added on Feb 20, 2007

Shelford 7s


389 files, last one added on May 17, 2008


3 albums on 1 page(s)

Cambridge Folk Festival 2006Cambridge Folk Festival 2006 - Photographs taken by Neil Baker
11 53

Event From Tower 2.jpg

8 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Emmylou Harris

Emmylou Harris 3.jpg

3 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson Red.jpg

4 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Cerys Matthews

Cerys Matthews 2.jpg

5 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Nickel Creek

Nickel Creek - Chris Thile CloseUp.jpg

5 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Seth Lakeman

Seth Lakeman - gase away.jpg

4 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Cara Dillon

Cara Dillon - Blue CloseUp.jpg

5 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

The Chieftains

The Chieftains - Paddy Moloney.jpg

7 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Marcia Ball

Marcia Ball Piano.jpg

3 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Amadou & Mariam

Amadou & Mariam.jpg

3 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006

Eddi Reader

Eddi Reader - Glasses.jpg

6 files, last one added on Aug 07, 2006


11 albums on 1 page(s)

University CollegesThe University of Cambridge is rich in history - its famous Colleges and University buildings attract visitors from all over the world. But the University's museums and collections also hold many treasures which give an exciting insight into some of the scholarly activities, both past and present, of the University's academics and students.

There are 31 Colleges in Cambridge. Three are for women (New Hall, Newnham and Lucy Cavendish) and two admit only graduates (Clare Hall and Darwin). The remainder house and teach all students enrolled in courses of study or research at the University.
31 28
Trinity Hall


Trinity Hall is one of the smaller Cambridge Colleges, though by no means the smallest. There are about three hundred and thirty undergraduates, about two hundred and twenty graduates and around forty-five Fellows covering a range of disciplines. Nestled among Clare, Gonville and Caius and Trinity Colleges, it lies discreetly along the river Cam in the centre of Cambridge insulated against the bustle of the town. While relatively small, intimate and notoriously friendly, Trinity Hall still manages to maintain a diversity of membership which is one of its strengths. Now half way through its seventh century, the College continues to play its role in educating future leaders for every endeavour - from academia to the arts, from private industry to public service.

2 files, last one added on Jul 11, 2005

Emmanuel College


Emmanuel is in the heart of Cambridge, in a main shopping area, yet is off the tourist track and never feels crowded or pressured.

It is one of the larger colleges in Cambridge, a community of more than 600 people.

10 files, last one added on Jul 18, 2005

Gonville and Caius College


1 files, last one added on Jul 11, 2005

King's College


King's College is part of Cambridge University, one of the world's greatest centres of learning. The College is well equipped to provide its students with an excellent education. King's has the highest ratio of Fellows to undergraduates of any Cambridge college.

8 files, last one added on Aug 04, 2005

Queens' College


First founded in 1448 by Margaret of Anjou and then, unusually, again in 1465 by Elizabeth Woodville, Queens' is fiercely proud of its royal patronesses, including our most recent, Her Majesty The Queen. The history of the College, much like its architecture, is rich, complex and varied. The main College site sits astride the River Cam, the two halves joined across the river by the famous Mathematical Bridge - more correctly called The Wooden Bridge.

1 files, last one added on Jul 10, 2005

St John's College


2 files, last one added on Aug 04, 2005

Trinity College


Trinity College was founded by Henry VIII in 1546 as part of the University of Cambridge. Since then Trinity has flourished and grown, and is now a home to around 600 undergraduates, 300 graduates, and over 160 Fellows.

4 files, last one added on Apr 29, 2008

Christ's College

0 files

Churchill College

0 files

Clare College

The College was founded in 1326 and was the first of the Oxford and Cambridge foundations to provide for a Master, Fellows and Scholars in a single community. It remains today a society of teachers and students brought together by a common interest in learning, teaching and research. The College has 95 Fellows, 180 graduate students and approximately 460 students following undergraduate or professional courses.

0 files

Clare Hall

0 files

Corpus Christi College

Corpus Christi College is one of the ancient colleges of the University of Cambridge. Founded in 1352 by the Guilds of Corpus Christi and the Blessed Virgin Mary, it bears the distinction of being the only College in Oxford or Cambridge founded by their citizens. The College recently celebrated 650 years of commitment to teaching and research, carried out on the site of its original foundation in the heart of mediaeval Cambridge.

0 files

31 albums on 3 page(s) 1

734 files in 59 albums and 3 categories with 32 comments viewed 444474 times



Interesting buildings around Cambridge

5 files, last one added on Aug 24, 2005

Gardens and Parks


Gardens and Parks in and around Cambridge including the University Botanic garden

4 files, last one added on Aug 24, 2005



Churches in Cambridge

2 files, last one added on Jul 18, 2005



Photographs where the primary subject is a person or group of people.

1 files, last one added on Jul 11, 2005



Street photography

1 files, last one added on Jul 17, 2005

Still Life


Photographs where the primary subject is inanimate, carefully placed to form a unique composition. This category may also include machinery, statues and artwork.

1 files, last one added on Jul 17, 2005

Radio Astronomy at Cambridge - Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory


Radio Astronomy at Cambridge

Radio astronomy is the study of celestial objects by means of the natural radio waves they emit. It tells us about the Solar System, our own Galaxy (the Milky Way), radio galaxies, quasars and cosmology. The signals emitted by radio sources can be received from the most distant parts of the Universe, though they are very weak when they reach us. Some of the problems are fundamental, like star formation, the energy sources of pulsars, quasars and radio galaxies, and the evolution of the Universe. They cannot be answered in terrestrial laboratories. Other problems are more technical like the design of highly sensitive receivers and computer software for telescope control and image analysis. These techniques are widely applicable outside astronomy. Radio astronomy is thus important both as pure research and as a training for scientists.

The Cavendish Laboratory pioneered in this field under the direction of Professor Sir Martin Ryle, F.R.S. from 1945 to 1982. The first Observatory was on the outskirts of Cambridge. In 1957, through the generosity of Mullard Ltd. and with support from the Science Research Council, the Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory (MRAO) was built 5 miles south-west of Cambridge, at Lord's Bridge. The Observatory is operated by the Cavendish Laboratory, supported by the Particle Physics & Astronomy Research Council. The work of the MRAO was recognised by the award of the 1974 Nobel Prize for physics to Professor Ryle and Professor Hewish.

Description source: The Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory

13 files, last one added on May 08, 2008

Institute of Astronomy


The Institute of Astronomy (IoA) came into being in 1972 by the amalgamation of three institutions which had developed on the site. These were the Cambridge University Observatory which was established in 1823, the Solar Physics Observatory (1912) and the Institute of Theoretical Astronomy (1967).

The IoA is a department of the University of Cambridge and is engaged in teaching and research in the fields of theoretical and observational Astronomy. A wide class of theoretical problems are studied, ranging from models of quasars and of the evolution of the universe, through theories of the formation and evolution of galaxies and stars, X-ray sources and black holes.

Much observational work centres around the use by staff of large telescopes abroad and in space to study quasars, galaxies and the chemical constitution of stars. A programme on the velocities of stars is conducted using the 36-inch telescope in Cambridge. Instrumentation development is also an important area of activity, involving charge coupled devices and detector arrays for rapid recording of very faint light and the design and construction of novel spectrographs.

The Institute comprises about 60 postdoctoral staff, 50 graduate students and 20 support staff. There are close links with the Cavendish Astrophysics Group (formerly the Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory) as well as with the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, all of which are conducting complementary research programmes here in Cambridge.

Description source: Institute of Astronomy

4 files, last one added on Jun 25, 2005

Cambridge American Cemetery and War Memorial


First established on 7 December 1943, these 30.5 acres, donated by the University of Cambridge, were selected as a permanent American Military Cemetery due not only to the scenic grandeur, but also because a large proportion of American casualties occurred in this general area of East Anglia. The cemetery was dedicated on 16 July 1956.

The base of the 72-foot flagpole in front of the Visitors' Building carries an inscription taken from John McCrae's poem - In Flanders Fields, '...To You From Failing Hands We Throw The Torch - Be Yours To Hold It High." From a point at the northern edge of the flagpole platform, one notices the headstones are aligned like the spokes of a wheel. The excellent view makes this feature the focal point of the cemetery.

From here the Great Mall, its reflecting pools bordered by polyantha roses, stretches eastward to the Memorial. The Wall of the Missing, 472 feet in length, of Portland limestone quarried in southern England, records the names and particulars of 5,125 of our Missing, who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom, but whose remains were either never recovered or positively identified. Above the names is an extract from President Eisenhower's dedication enshrined in St. Paul's Cathedral, London. Along the Wall are four statues representing a Soldier, a Sailor, an Airman and a Coast Guard in their typical uniforms and weapons. The paving is of English York sandstone.

The Memorial, like the great Wall, is built of Portland stone. On the north face of the Memorial are five pylons each inscribed with a date recalling the five years from 1941 through 1945 in which the United States participated in the war. The main doors are of teakwood, and bear the bronze models of military equipment and naval vessels. The interior of the Memorial is divided into the large museum chamber, and the smaller devotional chapel. The map 'The Mastery of the Atlantic - The Great Assault,' was designed by the American artist Herbert Gute, from data prepared by the American Battle Monuments Commission. It indicates the principal Atlantic sea routes, the types of naval and commercial craft which assured a supply of men and materiel to the European front, the aircraft which operated in the antisubmarine campaign, and the continuous air assault by the U. S. Army Air Force and the Royal Air Force.

The map on the South wall indicates sites lent to the United States in preparation and support of military operations. The map was executed in the workshop of Mr. David Kindersley, an English artist. The wall bearing the map is of Portland stone. The land elevations are indicated in the polished Portland stone, the successively higher elevations in polished Hauteville marble, Lunel Clair and Lunel Fonce marbles, respectively. The series of seven plates below the map describe the operations while key maps record the development of the war against Germany and Japan.

The mosaic ceiling, by American artist, Francis Scott Bradford, is a memorial to those Americans who gave their lives while serving in the U.S. Army Air Force. The ghostly aircraft, accompanied by mourning angels, make their final flight toward the Glory.

Beside and above the main door, stained-glass medallions represent the seals of the War and Navy Departments, as well as the principal decorations awarded by our Armed Services. In the remaining windows stained-glass replicas of the seals of the States are arranged in vertical rows, from left to right, in the order in which they entered the Union. Above them are the seals of the United States (obverse and reverse), the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.

The 3,812 American War Dead, represent 42 percent of those temporarily buried in England and Northern Ireland. A large portion were members of the United States Army Air Corps. The burials in the fan-shaped graves area are arranged in seven curved grave plots A-G. The headstones within the plots are aligned in seven rows of concentric arcs whose wide sweep across the green lawns may best be viewed from the Great Mall near the Memorial. Isolated tulip trees, catalpa, beech, oak and liquidambar (sweetgum) grow within the grave plots. These Dead, who gave their lives in our country's service came from every state then in the Union, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the Philippines. Other headstones record the names of men who entered the United States armed forces from Canada, Chile, Denmark, England, Greece, Holland, Malta, Norway, Panama, Portugal and Scotland. Twenty-four of the headstones mark the graves of 'Unknowns', whose remains could not be positively identified. Two headstones represent burials of two and three men, respectively, whose names were known, however, their remains could not be separately identified. Bronze tablets, over these graves, record their names. While Stars of David mark the graves of those who professed the Jewish faith, Latin crosses mark all others.

Architects for the cemetery and memorial were Perry, Shaw, Hepburn and Dean, Boston, Massachusetts. The landscape architects were Olmsted Brothers, Brookline, Mass.

For additional information concerning this cemetery and memorial you may contact the Superintendent or one of his assistants on duty in the Visitors' Building.

Cambridge American Military Cemetery
Coton, Cambridge
England CB3 7PH
TEL: +44(0)1954 210350

This is a copy of the brief guide published by Cambridge Tourist Information Office.

12 files, last one added on Jun 26, 2005



Photographs primarily illustrating the land, water or sky. Note that this may have Nature subjects included in your image, but the main purpose is to show the visual combination of all of these elements. Any images, where the subject is the moon or stars should also be included in this category

1 files, last one added on Aug 24, 2005


Photographs where the primary subject is a naturally developing object, such as a flower, tree or leaf. If the scene is designed to illustrate a variety of nature elements, then consider Landscape. Images of birds and animals should be placed in the Wildlife category.

0 files



Photographs of sporting events, such as football, soccer, hockey, rugby, racing of all kinds, etc.

1 files, last one added on Jul 26, 2005

14 albums on 2 page(s) 1

Random files
Cambridge Bus Station1062 viewsCambridge Bus Station
A gentle drift downstream611 views

Last additions
1514 viewsMay 17, 2008
1611 viewsMay 17, 2008
1458 viewsMay 17, 2008
1607 viewsMay 17, 2008
1473 viewsMay 17, 2008
1510 viewsMay 17, 2008
1402 viewsMay 17, 2008
1403 viewsMay 17, 2008


©2002 - 2012. The CambridgePlus guide for the city of Cambridge and the county of Cambridgeshire in England UK is provided to vistors with honest intentions but we make no representations that information is accurate, up to date or complete and we accept no liability for any inaccurate information or third party content.